Short people don't marry as much?

Just read this on CNN:
People with short stature have been identified as less likely to be married, Kadan-Lottick said. But further research is needed to determine exactly why -- whether it's because people perceive shorter individuals as less attractive, or it's that shorter men and women lack the social skills to overcome their stature, or other reasons, she said.

Well, I've never had that problem and I'm 5'2"! My height has never been a turn-off to a man, even really tall ones!
My hubby is 6 ft!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is just about the stupidest thing I have EVER heard. lol I'm 5'0 i had no problems with dating and I'm married lol

stupid
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'm 5'2" and have never had a problem getting a date! I think that's a crazy study.

Answer by missanc at 12:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yes I think short men and short women are seen as less attractive in some cases. They also have to be more fit because a little weight really shows! I think if youre a woman and youre "cutesy" it can be attractive to be short. For men its alot harder because height tends to be synonymous to manhood.

I'm only 4'11'' and my husband is 6'2".

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I"m 4'11" and I have never had a problem getting a date either. That is a stupid study . . . is this what our "scientists" focus on? Something so dumb that will help no one. Wouldn't it make more sense to put their time into something more productive . . . well productive AT ALL for that matter? Studying which toilet paper is the softest would be more helpful than this "study."
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I can see this holding true for short men, but not short women. I'm 5'3" and my husband is 6'2". He likes short women. All of the men in his family are tall and all the women are short. His mom is my height and both of his grandma's are shorter.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think it would tend to be a bigger problem for a man than a woman
    Anonymous

• "Short stature" often refers to those with dwarfism, but even then, they get married and have kids. That's crazy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i have never heard of this before lol. i am 4 foot 11 inches. my hubby is 5 foot 11 1/2 inches. we have been married for 6 years.
    the.lilangel

Answer by the.lilangel at 2:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• That's the dumbest thing I have heard all day . I'm 5'2" and DH is 6'4". He likes "petite" curvy women with some meat on their bones and actually finds tall model like women unattractive.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009