Husband leaving for ARMY......please help., emotional..love yall ladies!

in FEB we havent been away from eachother more than a month! GIVE me advice please. we will be apart for a whole 5 months! please give advice..i really dont think its hit me yet, although im going to be a emotional wreck. im trying so hard to find a job rite now..so it will take my mind off it so much when he leaves.. ill have alot to do. military AND advice on this we will be moving in JUNE after he gets back from A school.. thanks much love guys.

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well first, I would like to say don't stress about it, (although I know you will). He's going to leave and there isn't anything you or he can do about it. Second. It will drag and fly by at the same time, as long as you stay busy and surround yourself with people who understand, the days will fly the nights not so much. You will probably cry, when he leaves, when he isn't there, and when he gets back. Thank whoever you want for technology, emails, cell phones and everything else makes a big difference from when my dad went overseas and when my husband did. Hang in there, it will be rough, but you will pull through and you will appreciate each other that much more when it is over.

Ellynndaria

Answer by Ellynndaria at 12:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my husband left in may the first week is the hardest i promise afterwards you miss him yea but it gets easier you will get to see him atleast twice while he is in boot camp my husband got to call 5 times while he wasgone he will get mail once a week so you can write to him and send him letters all the time when my husband got back from fort benning ga we moved from nc to ny the move sucks but its no big deal like i said first week is the hardest
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I give advice on this kind of thing so much, I need to write a journal entry on it. :)

First, of all, I HIGHLY suggest that you start AFTB classes. You can take them online through myarmylifetoo.com. It will help you figure out all of the acronyms and basics of army life.

Second of all, my best advice for handling the separation is this: Take a couple of days to feel sorry for yourself, because you WILL be sad. And it's okay to be sad. My husband has been in for nealry 9 years, we've been married for 5, and we've been through two 12 month deployments, one 15 month deployment, and multiple other separations lasting for a few days to a few months. And I STILL cry when he leaves. That is never anything to be ashamed about.

Anyway after your couple of days of being sad, pick yourself up and put yourself back together. Make a list of goals that you want to accomplish while he's gone (continued)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• (continued)
    And then get to work on those goals. It can be to lose weight or organize pictures or put together a scrapbook or memory book or whatever floats your boat. Create a routine for yourself, but include him in it somehow. I always write to mine at the end of my day. It helps me to feel connected to him.

You WILL be okay. You CAN get through this. You are stronger than you think.

As far as the move, it will be hectic, but you'll get through it. Consider moving on post if you can, I really enjoyed it (we're recruiting right now, so we don't have a post nearby). I found that it wasn't nearly what I'd heard about it, it was quiet and our neighbors were awesome, and that was both times. Plus, it gives you an instant community of friends when the inevitable deployment comes around.

And if you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to PM me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009