Have you heard of this group? Patriotism or paranoia?

Have you heard of Oath Keepers, police and military officers who have sworn not to implement martial law or obey other unconstitutional orders?

What do you think of this organization and its list of orders they will not obey?

http://www.oathkeepers.org/oath/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why would this be paranoia? Is it wrong to not want to support unconstitutional orders? All military personnel actually take the oath...and you should thank your lucky stars that people uphold the Constitution. We are all bound by it - it don't understand why people treat it like a piece of trash. It is the most valuable document in the United States, possibly the world, as our freedom keeps others free.
    Anonymous

• They are paranoid and a LITTLE crazy...Saw a guy from them being interviewed...geeez Louise!!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• amen 12:21

I think its great..and I would not be too quick to think it could never happen..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I love the oath keepers!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Not obeying martial law would be unconstitutional, wouldn't it?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• "Why would this be paranoia? Is it wrong to not want to support unconstitutional orders? All military personnel actually take the oath...and you should thank your lucky stars that people uphold the Constitution. We are all bound by it - it don't understand why people treat it like a piece of trash. It is free."

I do thank my lucky stars, believe me. But I also know that not all others agree.

Anonymous

• "I love the oath keepers!!! "

Me too. They are a sign of hope.
    Anonymous

• They are a sign of hope.

Hope of what?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• In the summer of 2008, I heard MANY people on CM swear Bush would declare martial law so he could stay in power. There was a lot of paranoia at that time.

I really don't know enough about Oath Keepers to form an educated opinion, but will read up about it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Martial Law is unconstitutional because it suspends the Writ of Habeus Corpus. You may be detained for an indeterminate amount of time. Without a proper trial. Unconstitutional.
    Anonymous