i need some new activites to do with my 21 month old Help!!

anyone with any ideas please let me know im going crazy all we do is sit in the house cause it's so cold and wet out, my son is getting tired of helping mama make cookies, he doesn't want to paint or draw anymore. help please!! thanks so much

mommy1180882509

Asked by mommy1180882509 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• puppets, stickers, moonsand is fun stuff, sometimes just a music/dance session will perk them up...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Make some edible play doh - you can google the recipe. Lots of fun to play with and you don't have to worry about him eating it.

Answer by missanc at 12:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You can read to him, sing songs with him, and play with his toys with him. Check out your local Early Intervention: they often have playgroups you can attend as a community child if you're not receiving services. Also, many houses of worship have a weekly drop in playgroup. They're a great way to meet other moms like yourself with children of about/the same age. Don't forget story hour at your public library too!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• would you want to join a playgroup? he'd get to interact with other kids, you wouldn't have to worry about coming up with ideas (though the group owners may appreciate it!) and you'd get a break, too. I started a group on meetup.com and love it. I have a great group of friends and DD stays entertained. They also have age and weather appropriate activities so that rainy days don't mean the end of fun. Also, if joining a group isn't your thing, I get most of my ideas by going to my city's website and find their "local events" page. borders and barnes and noble have storytimes, lots of gymnastic places offer a toddler hour, and the park and rec magazine can inform you of events and activities. Good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009