im am 14 weeks pregnant and have had a miscarrage in the past,i have had a little spoting twice this time and my doc wants me to take prometrium pills (for progesterone) once a day at bedtime..

when i look that pill up it says do not take if pregnant has this happened with anyone else im really concerned..what could happen to my baby by taken it?...it says its for progesterone...and should i be conserned that i have a blood clot behind my plecenta or will it go away i couldnt ask my doc this she was in a hurry and had to go deliever a baby...can anyone help me or has had that problem?.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call the dr.office and ask for a call back--those are all questions you need to ask your dr.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Your doctor would prescribe you something that you shouldn't take if your pregnant. I'm on progesterone suppositories sometimes your body just needs a little more help. You need to ask the doctor the rest of those questions.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I was also concerned about the warning of not to take if pregnant but I contacted my doctor and she had consulted with a fertility specialist and he actually gave her the amount and dosage so that made me feel much better. I had to take it twice a day, 200mg, vaginally. Regarding the blood clot, you need to just call your doctors office and check with the nurse. Tell her you didn't have time to get the answer you needed and she will speak with the doctor and get an answer for you or let you know what the plan is. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The good news chance of miscarriage drops drastically after twelve weeks. I don't think your doctor would give you anything unsafe for baby medication wise, but if you are concerned call the office and leave a message. I did progesterone shots during my pregnancy so I'm not familiar with oral medications.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009