cramping and pregnancy...37weeks

so a couple nights ago I was on here saying I was cramping all day...Like period cramps. I also lost my mucus plug during that time period

well they eventually went away after 12 annoying hours

so my mom said it was probably me just dilating a little bit.

So my question is, what is the point of the period like cramps? Is it because I was dilating a little? any reason?

LOL im so curious now

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• imo it is your body getting ready. sometimes you will dilate, sometimes your body is just getting ready in other ways that you can't even tell. maybe your uterus practicing. ;) i honestly believe that the annoying early labor stuff is helping. maybe it will make you labor 1 hour shorter when you actually do go into labor, who knows. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sounds like you were having contractions, that what the start out like and when you are in active labor the get so much worse. Probably just your body getting ready. I didn't know what they were eather and my Dr told me. Fell your stomach when you get these crams if its hard you are contracting.
    Mikeybsmom2006

Answer by Mikeybsmom2006 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009