My last question explained in greater detail about my unneccesary c-sec w/ my 1st child 19 months ago. I am 12 weeks along w/ baby #2 & am faced with this decision everyday. I know all the risks & stats & have spoken with mothers who have had great success w/ their own vbacs & nurses begging me not to bcause of the terrible things they have seen gone wrong w/ vbacs. My dilema runs deeper because my husband & I want at least 3 children. After each c-section the risk 4 mother & baby grows & many doctors use 3 as the average "maximum". This decision is huge because unlike the 1st time around, I know that my choices today affect my options 2morrow. I am afraid of another c-sec bcause it means greater risk 4 the next babies & I may be limited to the # of children I will be "allowed" to have. I am terrified of a uterine rupture during a vbac because that could mean the loss of baby #2 & the inability to have any more kids. Pls help.Answer Question
Talk to your doctor. Depending on the way the incisions were made for your first c-sec you should be able to have multiple c-secs. I was dead set on a V-Bac with my DD but it did not work out for me. I think the big thing with a v-bac for me was that I did not want to have pain meds because it can cause you to miss some early rupture signs. Do some research and verify what you read with your doctor. They should be able to counsel you in the direction that would not only meet your needs but that you can be confident with.
Answer by But_Mommie at 12:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009
Answer by Gailll at 1:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009
Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009
Answer by doulala at 3:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009