Is it true that your body releases toxic chemicals when you lose weight and thats why you shouldn't lose weight while pregnant because it can hurt the baby?

If not, why then?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body does loose chemicals that are bulit up in your body when you loose weight. This is what a detox diet does-gets rid of that stuff. But, it's already in your body and it's not going to hurt your baby.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i read that in one of my library pregnancy books just this week so i was trying to look it up but can't find it. i will try to find that library book and post back here... i hope i remember.

i just remember it saying something about that if you intentionally lose weight, your body can produce something that can be harmful to the baby.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Bologna.

A mother should have a health weight gain while pregnant to provide much need nutrients to the mother's body and baby's growth.

Not all women however gain during pregnancy at the same rates.

I'm a BBW and I lost weight during all of my pregnancy's because my metabolism boosted up.
    All of my babies and myself were perfectly healthy during and after.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 1:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• So what yall (besides the 1st PP) are saying is weight loss shouldn't be attempted, but if it happens, it's okay?
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Answered at 1:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 by:
    * keisha613
    So what yall (besides the 1st PP) are saying is weight loss shouldn't be attempted, but if it happens, it's okay?

i agree with that too. if i remember right, what i read said *intentional* weight loss but that if you just lose weight because you are vomitting or because you are just eating healthier, that you shouldn't worry. i will try to remember to post what book i even read that in later. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009