hospital packing list?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well you should 1st see what the hospital provides

Im bringing
    My ViaCord Kit
    a going home comfy outfit for me
    a going home outfit for baby
    an extra pair of clothes for the dad...JIC he's at work and want to change if i go into labor
    toiletries for me and hubby: tooth brush/paste body soap, lotion, mini sponge, mouth wash

car seat

and i think thats it
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• you HAVE TO get this book...

Baby Lists

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Lists-What-Get-Prepare/dp/1598692380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256145902&sr=8-1
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 1:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• pack food, they starved me in the hospital. and snacks, you'll need snacks. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Snacks for the dad or whoever your support person is, snacks for you for afterwards. My hospital stopped serving meals at 7 pm, I had my daughter at 6:26 PM. My husband did go get us something, but it wasn't until quite a bit later. I bought two pairs of cheap slippers at Target. One for during labor and delivery that I could trash after if they got all nasty and then one for the rest of the stay. We also packed my husband's iPod with a playlist I made and a DVD of a senseless comedy that I could watch to help take my mind off the pain but something I didn't have to concentrate on hard to know what was going on. A back massager thing and lotion. Toiletries and going home outfit for me and baby. The most important thing I would say though is the camera and making sure the battery is charged up and the card is empty. I also had a water bottle with a straw to drink water during labor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I was lucky at the hospital where i delivered. I hardly had to bring anything except for clothes for me and baby. I could order 3 meals and 2 snacks everyday for myself whenever i wanted and plus order some food for whoever stayed with me for $6. I made my DH stay with the other boys and my mom stayed with me. My DH is a worrier so it was more relaxing to have mom with me. I brought my own robe and slippers too. The hospital provided me with those "sexy" undies, pads, and all the baby needs.......thermometer, diapers, wipes, blankets...although i did bring my own swaddler for baby.
    Anonymous

• PM me... I will email you my list ;)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2009