How can I get my two year old son to use the bathroom?

He tell me he peepee or booboo in his pamper but want go to the bathroom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe he isn't ready to potty train...maybe he is scared of the BIG potty and needs his own little potty.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• get a little potty and ask him to sit on it one an hour. be consistent! get him on it first thing in the morning and right before bed, make a HUGE deal if he goes in it.
    But if he's not going all night with a dry diaper, he's probably not ready to be trained yet.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 5:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Don't push him to potty train. Even if he knows he went potty that doesn't mean that he is ready to be potty trained. If you push them they can actually take longer in potty training. Give him time. My son is 20 months and knows when he has gone as well. We don't push it, we ask him if he wants to sit on his big boy potty and he does.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009