Need help with computer updates, please hurry ladies, time sensitive!

Ok, so here's my issue in short words.
I'm supposed to be starting online school in about 20 mins but the Microsoft Office 2007 trial that they gave me to download isn't working because it says the product they expected the find was not found in my computer, it told me to download the 2003 version, so I tried and got the same answer! I can't find any older versions and have already spent way too much money for this to even be worth it! Any suggestions ladies?
Also, on the front of the computer it says Designed for Windows XP, would that have anything to do with the issues I'm running into? Please help mommas, I'm freaking out!

youngmommy21709

Asked by youngmommy21709 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Technology

• What is your operating system and version? ---- Are you using XP?

If not, that could be a problem.

Feel free to post your questions to the Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group here on CafeMom...I'd be happy to help you find what's causing the issue.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 1:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Also the exact error message would be helpful (accuracy counts here)....and the exact product CD disk information from the 'Free Trial' would also be helpful here.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Well, the thing is that I have no idea what the operating system or version is, I'm kinda illiterate when it comes to those things lol the exact message pops up when I click on the program on my desktop, a thing comes up and asks if I would like to install, I click yes, it has me agree to something then it starts downloading, when it is almost finished it says 'the expected version of the product was not found on your system' then I click ok and there is the problem! I even tried downloading the XP version after reading your 1st answer and it did the samething!
    youngmommy21709

Answer by youngmommy21709 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 2:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• rkoloms has the best solution for you. Open Office is FREE and great. Grab it and you'll be all set. Don't waste time messing with the other and pulling your hair out.
    bobeena

Answer by bobeena at 7:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009