Is it normal to have nightmares about miscarriges?

I am pregnant and i keep having a dream that at 15 weeks im going to have a miscarrige. I just want to know if thats normal because im scared.

PoisonIvy1369

Asked by PoisonIvy1369 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd say forget the dreams because sometimes dreams mean something but a lot of the times they don't. As described my my pysch prof, sometimes it's just the brain releasing info from the day, the brain mis-firing info and so on. So unless you believe in junk liek that, then don't worry.
    The best thing to do is stay positive!!!! Trust me, I have been through it all. 1 stillborn and 2 healthy children. It's all about being positive.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• yes. I had many bad dreams about losing my baby while I was pregnant. in one dream my mother trapped my son and I in a building and lit it on fire (stemming from her negative reaction when I told her the news of my pregnancy). these dreams are only your fears! especially if you will be a first time mom!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yes, then after you have the baby, you have dreams about them not breathing, someone taking them, hijacking your car, breaking into your home, molesting your kids, and so on...it's part of the cycle of being a mom.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would think that it's just like any other area of life.

Completely normal to have nightmares about things that are really bothering you.

Normal, yes.

Healthy for you and baby, no.
    Relax and have a "can do" attitude.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• yes, i dreamed about it at night and worried about it during the day. i think it's normal. however, don't let it drive you crazy cause stress isn't good for the little one you're carrying around!
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 4:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Normal! I had dreams that my baby (in my dream he was named Oscar!)and I were kidnapped and I was afraind he was going to cry and the kidnapper would hurt him. It turns out I had a little girl and we have never been kidnapped! I think this is really common. No worries!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009