Should couples have more than one child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Unfortunately Anon, we can't just blame everyone else... The responsibility falls just as much on the US as it does in other countries. There are folks having kiddos they can't afford in all parts of the world, so to say that overpopulation is all "poor overpopuated countries'" fault is unfair. We can't control everyone else, but we can control our own actions. The only difference is that in the US, we are fortunate enough to be provided with an education so most of understand how babies are made.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Odd question. But of course it depends on the couple.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Why not? I think couples should decide together how many child(ren) they want based on their finances, lifestyle, and values. I have 4 kids, and am debating a 5th. I came from a large family and want one as well - I can't imagine how quiet and boring it would be with only one little one around here!

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yes, it is already been proven that there is not enough bodies to re populate the society as it is...with that said, it is each individuals choice to do or not to do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• That is a personal matter and no one else's business.
    Anonymous

• Sure, if they want to.

No business of mine.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Its a personal choice, and I don't want to sound insensitive here. But I think that with the 'go green' mentality, also comes the responsibilty to limit our procreation. Our planet is obviously running out of resources, so we should be proactive when it comes to limiting our desires to have '18 and counting' ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Wonderful, Kenzie07. Try telling that to the very poor overpopuated countries. We're not the unconcientious ones - they are.
    Anonymous

• I believe a couple should not exceed the amount of children they can handle, love, care, and have the ability to give necessities to!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

___
    I agree with this.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2009