Any cool wedding ideas?

I'm getting married in 7.5 months and all we have set is the Rabbi who will marry us. Thats it, no venue, no dress, nothing. Anyways, what are your ideas for us? Wedding date 6/6/2010 in Atlanta, Ga. It'll be a Jewish wedding but any ideas are highly appreciated.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Holidays

• I am in the middle of doing this with my daughter. First and foremost, set the budget. Ask anyone who might be contributing financially EXACTLY how much they are going to give. The biggest expense will be the reception, Decide how many people you will be having then find a venue. We are having about 100. Then the photography and entertainment. I don't know about your area, but these professionals book sometimes up to a year in advance. After getting all the major things out of the way, then come the fun stuff like finding the dress, picking a color theme etc. The above post mentioned theknot.com. This is a great website as is Herecomestheguide.com. Congratulations and enjoy.
    notjustamom848

Answer by notjustamom848 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• What's the budget set for? Some ppl really go all out.
    Anonymous

• this website is like cafemom only for wedding stuff i loveed it! you can even make your own wedding website and get ideas. www.weddingwire.com or www.theknot.com :) T
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Also if you choose colors that will help when looking at decor, flowers, dresses, and even venues. hotels are nice bcuz you can have reception and wedding there but they are expensive. if u have a tight budget look at private clubs it was super cheap and we idnt need a membership and the food an service was awesome
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• We planned our wedding in 6 weeks with just $5000 and for 200 people. It was beautiful But I need more details to be able to give you any ideas. What colors do you like? Other than the fact that it's a Jewish wedding what kind of theme ideas do you like? How many people are you thinking?? Those kind of things. I'm getting my certification for bridal consulting but honestly have never met anyone that ever even been to a Jewish wedding, so that's not my area of expertise... But I can give you some great ideas, pictures and websites if you give me an idea what you like. I mean, if you like blue and green and all I give you is red and orange it will do nothing!

Also, I have a page of wedding vendors on my webpage. I will be adding more, but for now there are a few! http://www.sabrinascloset.info/weddings.php

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009