my 5 month old being sweared at by his dad =/

Okay this is really REALLY bothering me, my boyfriend'/sons dad spent the night last night and well my son woke up at 5:30am to eat thats normal! Well my son had wet thru and i was changing his diaper and he yelled at both me and my son shut the f*** up and put the bottle in his mouth, he always gets all mad and stuff i dont find that appropriate to be talking to a baby and it really upsets me. Then later this morning he is taking my son from me and asking him what the F*** is up? and i told him he needs to watch his language and not talk to my son that way..he just said i can talk to him the way he wants to and he dosnt understand anyway..i dont want my son to have a swearing problem later on and i dont want him to be talked to in such a disrespectful way..any advice how to deal with this?

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So the father doesn't live with you? I would tell him to straighten up or stay away.
    Anonymous

• Then he needs not to stay at your place and respect the fact that it is not ok to talk to a child well anyone that way. Whether he understands or not you don;t like it and he should repect that .
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Ummmmm...yeah give that a$$hole an ultimatum. Tell him he either gets his butt in counseling and learns how to treat a baby or he won't be allowed near him. My dd is 5 months old and if anyone, especially her father spoke to her in that way, that's what he'd be getting from me. There's a difference between a sperm donor and a father and right now from what I've just read, he's not acting like the mature father that your son needs. Guys like him are one of the reasons so many poor kids have issues nowadays. I'm sorry if I sound too harsh but having a 5 month old, this really hits a nerve with me.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• He does not sound like good father material. Men like that really don't change.
    Anonymous

• Tell him for EVERY cuss word, it's three nights without sex. And keep a tally.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• HE NEEDS TO FIND GOD!
    gaurdianangels

Answer by gaurdianangels at 2:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Honestly, I would kick him to the curb. Your son deserves to live in a loving environment and that does not sound very loving to me. At the very least I would make him take a parenting class and an anger management class if he were to have any chance of sticking around.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would had finished with the baby and told him to get the hell out of my house, that he has no right to cuss me or the kids in my home, then I'd let your boyfriend know he has to leave and can't come back till he can learn to respect you and the kids.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• id explain to him that eiether he calms down or stay away.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't let him back until he can prove to you that he can respect your son and yourself.
    ProudMami2008

Answer by ProudMami2008 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2009