Do you have a V-Smile/V-Motion?

I was trying to begin shopping for Christmas and ran across this V-Smile or V-Motion from Vtech. Does anyone have this and would you recommend it? Its the one that hooks up to the TV, not a computer right?

aussiesma

Asked by aussiesma at 2:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We have both, our boys like them and the games from the v-smile can be played on the v-motion. They like having it for rainy days, and they do help them learn numbers and letters.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yes, We have it and my grandkids love it. We have a seperate tv that is used only for the v-smile. We are avid believers in V-Tech period. Their toys may be on the higher side but they are exceptionally well made. We have one piece that is at my moms now that has survived 5 kids and still looks and works like a charm.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• we have a v-smile and the v-motion games can be played on it too, as long as you have the remote.

but my boys don't play it that often. I would probably not recommend it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My kids love the Vsmile, they just wish they got to play it more! :)
    Anonymous

• I had a v smile, my son Jeremy loves it still and he is 8 I really think it is a great system for preschoolers. Jeremy is a slow learner and has the mind of a 5 year old. He has been tested in all areas and is low on the charts. Anyway, I think this system is great! The graphics aren't like any of the playstations, or xbox but little kids don't really pay attention to that. This game is great! I wish I still had it but someone stole it I guess because its still not found since I moved in to my new house. good luck
    nellie_and_crew

Answer by nellie_and_crew at 5:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• We have the VSmile pocket, my 4 year old loves it! She'd play it all day and night if I didn't take it away at bedtime LOL, not to mention the batteries die! LOL, We had the one that hooks up to the the TV too, but she never played that since she had her pocket one!
    TonyaR

Answer by TonyaR at 9:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• We have the V-smile that hooks to the tv. My daughter got it for her 3rd b-day last year. Personally, I think it would be great for someone a little older. My daughter doesn't understand how to play or get the idea she has to hold the controller.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My oldest did not like it. I got her started on the Fisher Price website, infant, toddler & preschool online games. She learned her letters & shapes on this website. It also taught her how to use a mouse. She is now 4 & loves to play her Dora computer games. She has 4 close friends who have not had a lot of access to their families computer & either have trouble moving the mouse or can not move the cursor at all.
    My daughter plays on the computer about 3 times a week, for less than a hour, she wants to be outside playing with her friends.
    NavyWife61304

Answer by NavyWife61304 at 3:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We bought it for my son's 3rd birthday since he has a brother 10 years older than him that has a playstation 3 so he could feel more like he was a big boy but I think it is made for someone a bit older he doesn't really understand how to play or get what the game is asking him to do. He does have fun with it though because it has his favorite characters on it plus older brother I think likes it too just won't admit to it. I would recommend it for a child a bit older. I have however been looking into the vsmile baby which is supposed to be for babies and toddlers age 9mos and up I think this would probably be something he would better understand on his own.
    babyelqutob2

Answer by babyelqutob2 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes it worked for 5 minutes . I got my kids another one same thing happened but I do love the concept.

DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010