colic

does anyone have any sggestions on how to help with colic-my baby is ing fed breast milk and 1-2 bottles of formula..

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gripe water, more breastmilk, sleeping in an upright position (baby hammocks are great for that).
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 2:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would suggest reading, watching the DVD, or probably even googling, The Happiest Baby on The Block. These techniques worked wonders when my daughter was an infant. The technigue is big on swaddling which really calmed my daughter down and she slept swaddled until she was nearly six months. They make sleep sacks with wrap around "wings" that are great for swaddling. The technique also recommends white noise to mimic womb sounds- like a loud fan, and the use of a swing as baby was in constant motion when still inside mom's body.
    We did also give our baby Mylecon (infant gas drops) to help with possible gassiness.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My son had terrible colic and I ended up nixing BF all together and going with Enfamil Gentlease formula. Honestly that was when it started getting better. The gas drops didnt help (but I have seen them help other children) but I would def go with what ellienad said and prop him/her up (my son ended up sleeping in his swing). They also make these wraps now to go around their bellies but I dont know if they actually work or not. But I know at the breaking point of that stage I was willing to try ANYTHING to get it to help him! Good luck :)
    aussiesma

Answer by aussiesma at 2:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• wear your baby in a wrap during the day if you can, have him/her sleep elevated (my son always wanted to sleep in his carseat), my pediatrician suggests Nutrimigen formula because it does not have anything a baby can be allergic to and is the best for their sensitive stomach
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 4:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i see those are all awsome suggests-i havent tried the sitting up part-her doc did put her on Ismilke{s?} formula now and gave her some meds for acid reflux...and i understant aussiema's prob with the mylacon-it doesnt work too well with mine either-lol she stays at a constant breaking wind lol
    for those that breast feed did your baby ever get attached to just wanting to rest on your breast and gets fussy when removed? any suggests on how to mimic that for them?
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009