stricky for african americans.....

im just wondering no offense.. most of my friends and my husband is black.. but i want to kno WHY do SOME african american women, choose not to shave their arm pitts? i think its gross its none of my business im just wondering why seriously. it feels gross to me if i dnt shave my legs or arm pitts idk ,,,,,why?

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ya i know you said AA woman only but here i am.i doknow that hatian woman do not shave ...i believe its a cultural thing...sorry i had to chime in...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Not all but some german women do not shave their legs or arm pits either.
    Anonymous

• i suppose for the same reason that some white women don't....... i have never personally met any black ladies who don't but i know alot of european women don't
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sorry, I'm not black but I am a minority woman with darker skin tone and for some people, even though you do shave, there is a black sort of stain under the armpits which sometimes looks like hair but is not. This doesn't go away, esp. if you keep shaving. It has something to do with repeated razor use on that area and hair follicles. The only thing to help it is to wax or to dye it.
    Anonymous

• I dont know who doesnt shave
    I know many men dont...well my hubby does...he buzzes his armpits cuz he hates BODY hair...LOL

I shave as well...I think maybe some dont cuz they dont want to...LOL I have no idea
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yes, ANON 2:33 is correct. I'm a woman of color who shaves and that is how my skin is underneath my arm; however, I shave my arm pitts.

There women of color who don't have this issue to be concerned with so you can tell more so whether or not it's hair or not.

In all the women I know that are women of color I only know one who for some reason or another did not shave. She was in a friend of mines wedding where the girls were required to wear a sleeveless dress and she actually had to tell her not only to shave under her arms but her legs too. She did but I don't think she kept it up. The rest of my friends and family I know all shave their arm pitts.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009