Stomach pain and fever with no sore throat, could it be strep?

I will try to make this short. A friend of ours got a really bad strep A infection in her abdomen 2 weeks ago and she had to be hospitalized. I watch her little girl but her little girl hasn't been sick (just the sniffles). My daughter got the sniffles too and then it seemed like she was getting better. Now my daughter is complaining about stomach pain and she has a fever. She hasn't thrown up, or had diarrhea or anything. But she doesn't want to eat anything. I have heard people say stomach pain can be a sign of strep. Has anyone had their kids complain of stomach pain with no sore throat and it turned out to be strep? I know it's a weird question but I am just worried and wondering what is going on. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Health

• No,my daughter complained of her head hurting and today her throat hurts and she's really tired with some cold chills,she has no fever so not sure what she has...But every child is different.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• This happens everytime with my husband when he gets strept. He gets a fever chills and tummy pain. Most of the time it makes him feel like he's going to puke and sometimes he does.
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh, and he also doesn't want anything to eat.
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i had strep and at first i was just feeling sick to my stomach and had a nasty fever then after about a day or two my throat hurt like omg bad....
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009