What kind of customer experience turns you into a raving fan of a product?

Is it because its a great product? Customer service is good? You could do a lot of research before you bought it? Price, guarantee, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think customer service impresses me more than the quality or performance of the product. The most impressive customer experience I've had was with a baby-gate manufacturer (Summer.) I emailed them to say my husband had misplaced the hardware for adding the extensions to a gate and I wanted to know if I could order replacements. I received an email a few hours later, asking for my address so they could send me a hardware kit, free of charge. I think that was much more than I expected. They even sent it overnight!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I agree customer service goes a long way to win my loyalty. We have a wooden swingset that we bought from Wal-Mart. Two different times our neighbor girl has broke our swingset, like major important parts of it (she's now banned from the swingset). Each time we called the manufacturer to order the broken parts and expecting to have to pay for them and they sent them to us at no charge at all and fast. The first time it broke and before I called to get the part, my initial thought was "great, we bought a piece of crap" But after they took care of us the way they did and really didn't have to because it wasn't their fault it broke, I love them. We will get a whole lot of use out of this swingset and already have as we have had it for more than 3 years now.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009