Any ideas for cute Halloween cookies/treats?

I signed up to take cookies to my children's daycare for their Halloween party next week (I normally volunteer to bring punch, but someone else beat me to it). Do you have any ideas for Halloween treats that would be good for toddlers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I used to make rice krispie jack-o- lantern treats.Make a large pan or two ,add orange food coloring to the melted marshmallows. Then take a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter and cut out treats with it.Put on waxed paper and decorate with yellow frosting to make a jack-o-lantern face or use candy corn for the eyes and mouth.Depending on nut allergies you can make them with peanut butter added to the marshmallows

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am making cupcakes. White cake mix and adding orange food coloring and then frosting and putting candy corn on top. Not sure if I will use the little cupcakes for my 1 year old and then the regular ones for my 3.5 year old.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I have a recipe for goldfish crackers that can be cut with pumpkin cookie cutters. Send me a message offlist if you would like the recipe.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I wish I could forward you my email, but since I can't, go to www.Pillsbury.com and search for Halloween treats. They have a ton of cute ideas!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 4:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Try these:  Candy Corn Cookies 

Candy Corn Cookies Recipe

Anonymous

• Oh, there is a video. ^^^^^  =]

Anonymous

• allrecipes.com....look up spooky witches fingers....the kids may be too scared of them!
    Love the cookies candy corn cookies.
    Last year my dd and I made Frankensteins out of bought rice krispie treats....
    green frosting for face
    black frosting for hair
    M&M's for eyes/cut at angle for droopy eyes
    Cut Tootsie Rolls for neck knob thingies
    Cutgreen M&M in half for nose and put the side you cut into the frosting so it is sticking out
    cant remember the mouth maybe cut red M&M in half for smile
    (That may be too much sugar overload, maybe you could cut rice treats in half.)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• PSmother OMG!!! I just logged onto Pillsbury and the mummy crescent rolls are SO CUTE!!! Thank you from me!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You're welcome.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• OP here: Thanks! These are all great ideas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2009