will eating a lot make me as big as a cow after the baby is born?

at first i couldnt eat without throwing it up and almost everything made me sick to even think about eating, but now i eat, eat, and EAT!! lol i try to eat some healthy things, but junk is my #1 thing. i eat until my belly feels like it can't even hold anymore...i was just wondering if i need to try to slow down, or keep eating away?? lol i am 27 weeks pregnant by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you are only eating junk, you are packing on FAT not baby weight and it will not go away just because the baby is out of your body...for every pound of weight that is not baby, placenta, and amniotic fluid, you will have to exercise it off after the baby is born.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Slow down!!! I gained 40 pounds with my first and I still cant get that extra 20 off of me! (and its been 2 years lol) You only need to gain 20-25 pounds during pregnancy and most of that should come at the end-right before the baby is born. gl
    Anonymous

• thanks im gonna try to slow down lol. im gonna atleast stop eating junk and eat more healthy things.
    Anonymous

• I agree... you need to be making every bite count, not eating junk. Replace the junk with healthy things right away... you're not doing yourself or your baby any good. I CANNOT stress enough how important nutrition is in pregnancy.

As far as calorie intake goes, Don't limit yourself too much, and once you start eating fruits and veggies instead of chips and cookies you will naturally be taking in fewer calories. After your baby's born, you will be freakin' ravenous, and if you're nursing you will be doubly ravenous. But it does pass and you will actually lose more weight if you nurse, after the first 3 months.

In short, don't worry about eating a lot... just switch over to healthy foods. It's really REALLY important.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i would slow it down. unless your absolutley craving it then dont eat it. the more you eat the harder it will be to get off. I was eating alot and gaining fast then i slowed it down.. not starving tho.. baby needs the nutrients... but just what i need and the extra 300 for her. I think she burns all the calories up anyways... she moves so much. just watch what you eat. dont over do it... your feel even more miserable later as the weeks go.
    Anonymous

• i tried not to eat too much during my first pregnancy and failed. i gained 40 lbs and never lost it. i really wish i would have done better while pregnant the first time. try tracking your calories. make sure you get enough of each food group but be sure you're not eating for 2 either ;)
    Anonymous