This doesn't bother me, but should it?

So, my DH recently got a new boss at work. He goes through a lot of bosses (they are constantly changing up the teams and all). But this new one, he constantly talks about. He talks about how he and she joke around, have a lot of common interests, and how the rest of their team doesn't "get" their jokes. Now, I am honestly glad DH is having fun at work - he needs that. He hates his job, and anything that makes it more tolerable is great. But he talks about this woman a LOT. I've never met her, don't know anything about her. But does a guy talking about another woman a LOT mean anything? Like I said, it doesn't really bother me. I have no reason to think he is cheating or anything like that. But I've just never heard him talk so much about another woman before. SHOULD it bother me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with both answers!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Well, I don't know. You are either really cool about this or really oblivious. Maybe it is nothing that is why you are not concerned. If it was me though it would bother me. Maybe you should try talking to your husband about it.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Maybe not really freak out worried. but you should meet this BOSS lady of his. So she know he has a WIFE.
    If he keeps talking about her like he is doing. Yo u might want to just tell him. Cut it out.

Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It reads to me like you are in denial about it actually bothering you a little... I think you don't want it to bother you but it does or you wouldn't have to ask the question if it should. What would scare me more is if he were talking to someone other than you about it. Since he is talking to YOU then I really wouldn't worry. I am not saying I don't think he might like her a little more than what may be comfortable (I am a firm believer ALL men are curious as to what it is like to sleep with every woman so my perspective is jaded) BUT he is talking to you about it which means he has nothing to hide. For me this is one of those things tha twould make me pay more attention but not really worry/stress over it.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• there is such thing as an emotional affair! It may be that.... BUT you never know! I have many guy friends at my work that I get along with GREAT that I would NEVER think about doing anything with them, no matter what!..... Maybe he thinks its just cool that he has such a cool boss that he gets along with so well... Ask him questions about her... get details about her... the more personal things that he knows about her the more concerned I would be.... Also... ask your DH... You dont know until you ask, right? Also... if he came home talking about a male boss this way would it concern you? Probably not! So dont start being concerned unless there are sure signs that there is something that might be going on! Get details... is this woman married? Have kids? etc.... Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sometimes in a work environment, it's easy to get excited and wanna talk about a new person who you click well w/, because sometimes work can suck and having someone you can get along with can make a huge difference! (I know it would my hubby). Don't let anyone tell you if it "should bother you" if it doesn't. I think being aware and watching things a little more closely (like it sounds like you are) is a good start. If you are a little concerned about it though, it wouldn't hurt 2 bring it up 2 him, just so he knows where u r and also to reiterate some boundaries.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 3:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• He should keep it professional at all times. He seems to be getting too comfortable.
    Anonymous

• i would keep and eye on things like if he talks too her outside of wrk . if he starts coming home late from work .. if he trys too look better when he goes too work .. and so on .. just keep a close out on things
    Anonymous

• i agree with cat1622.... good answer!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Youve gotta meet the lady before you place judgement. I have more male friends than female friends. Ive had times where their wives were threatened, but as soon as they met me, they were fine with me.
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 3:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009