Infant Asthma??? Soooo many questions... Desperate mom in need of answers, help, and support.

Eight weeks ago my 3 mo. old son came down with a cold. Low grade fever for 2 days, regular symptoms took him to the Dr, he says no big just a cold. A week later he wakes up one night with a terrible cough & couldn't catch his breath(horrifying!) We went back to the dr, they say he has something mimicing asthma do nebulizer treatment with albuteral evry 4hrs. he got better in 3 weeks but still small wheezing, we did chest xrays, they're okay, Thank GOD! We went to a speacialist, he says he has infant asthma that he'll grow out of, put him on pulacort 2x's a day. Helped for 5 days then coughing in weezing again. he's now been sick foe 8 weeks hes get better for 2 or 3 days and then really bad again. I don't know what to do, this just doesn't seem right. Has anyone esle been threw this? Please help, Thank you. And any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes i've been there and it does get better! make sure that you're up on the treatments and stick with it. I know it seems like a chore and really hard but make sure you're right on time and you finish them. My son was about 4 months when he was diagnosed with this and we had pretty much the exact same situation. He's now almost a year and doing WAY better. You have to be careful keep him away from cigarettes. I really noticed my son's asthma spike up when even walking by someone smoking on the street. Afterward he would be sick for days coughing and crying so no one that has anything to do with a smoker can be around him. Another thing is mold. You have to be very very careful with what's in the air. If you need support or advise feel free to message me.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh and you can tell when it's really bad because around their eyes will get darker and they'll look tired. That means give me a treatment now. Be careful of cleaners and things in aerosol containers. Even air fresheners can trigger a reaction. I have tons of tips if you want them let me know.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• get an air purifier and DO NOT clean your home with any harsh chemicals, use only vinegar and baking soda
    Anonymous