advice plz

i am 22 weeks preg and just found out my baby has cleft lip/palate, has anyone went through this them selves? how did you cope? i am going for a 3d scan in the morning to see how bad it will be even though i will love this baby boy as much as i would without cleft but im just wondering if anyone else has been through this as am a little worried x

happymam2b

Asked by happymam2b at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have not been thru this myself but my best friend's daughter was born with it. Her's was pretty bad, it was the hwole upper lip and most of her nose. She had 2 surgeries, one when she was about 3 months and the other when she was almost a year and now she is a beautiful 6 year old little girl. You can't even tell it was there. I think the main problems they had were before the 1st surgery with her feeding. After that it was pretty much just cosmetic.
    Gigi76825

Answer by Gigi76825 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I haven't been through this but I hope someone who has will offer you some guidance. Best of luck to you. You are right, you will love your baby no matter what and once the little guy or girl is here I am sure that the doctors can work their magic. I know you will worry in the weeks to come but try to hope for the best and be optimistic. Even though the cleft will have to be dealt with, you still have all of those moments of mommyhood to look forward to- snuggling, loving and bonding with your precious little bundle who you will love unconditionally.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• thank you girls , i supose it could be far wose than this but it is so annoying as my other 3 pregnancys have been perfect no problems at all and i smoked and drank little with these and this preg i dont smoke or drink and i have loads of complications its just typical and goes to show not all problems are caused by drink and smoking but thank you , they have said they think it is just on one side but i will see tomorrow at the 3d scan xx thanks again girls xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 4:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009