there are police next door..anyway to find out WHY?!

so i'm at home with my 8 week old son..and cops are constantly showing up at the neighbors and i have no idea why. anyway to find out? it wasn't in our paper..so i don't know whats going on..and it's starting to freak me out a little bit! now a cop is sitting outside while some old dudes put all of their stuff on the lawn..

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 3:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like they are evicting someone. You could just go and ask.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• There is one fail proof way to find out - find your local 60-80 year old gossipy neighbour- they always know everything that's going on.

We had a great guy living next to us in our last house - he was about 70, and he knew everything that was going on in our neighborhood - he would fill us in on all the gossip when we passed him on the sidewalk.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• yeh thats what it sounds like evicting.. u could ask ur neighbor if u know them but i wouldnt ask the cops
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 3:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You could call the police station. My mom used to do this.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• oh they're totally getting evicted this time..but the cops have been there A LOT and it's never in the paper..and it's not a bad neighborhood! it makes me nervous! at least they're leaving i guess! ha!
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 3:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sounds like it was a drug bust and they got evicted for it. CALL the local police and ASK them. The worst they can tell you is NO I cant tell you what happened. Go on the premis that your the neighbor and are concerned about drug traffickers in your hood.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'd call the police and just tell them that you are home alone with your 8 week old and that you are concerned with how often the police are next door and you want to know if they can tell you what is going on. I'm sure they will tell you, and if nothing else, they should at least be able to tell you if you should be worried or not. It does sound like they're being evicted, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2009