Chili? With or without pasta?

Curious.... If you like Chili. Do you like it with or without like Elbow macaroni? Is this a age group that likes it with macaroni? How about Beans? With or without beans? One more while I kindly have your attention. Have you ever gone to a Chili Dump?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 3:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Chili dump? I have no idea what that is. C:
    As for the macaroni with chili...yucko! I think chili is wonderful by itself what add pasta? I love mine full of beans too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Chili with beans please. Green or red chili dosnt make a difference to me, hot or mild and yes, been to a chili dump. If Chili has elbow macaroni in it it is NOT just Chili, but called Chili-mac due to tthe noodles. Kids today seem to like the macaroni in it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Real chili is meat and sauce and spices. No beans, no pasta. If you want to throw that other garbage in it, go ahead, but don't call it chili.
    Anonymous

• Most chili cook-offs have only meat, spices and sauce. But to me, it's just not chili without the beans. Pasta? Not for us, but my hubby makes a really good, meaty chili and it would just be wrong with pasta, plus he makes a great meat sauce for pasta, so I wouldn't want to confuse the issue by having pasta with the chili. We'll occasionally make fries and have chili fries or hot dogs with chili, cheese and diced up dill pickles, but never pasta.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I prefer mine without pasta in it. We make ours with canned chili beans, seasoning, turkey, tomatoes, onion and chipolte peppers.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh, its chili over spaghetti noodles.. top with cheese, onions and sour cream....oh and its not chili unless there are beans.... this is the Mid Atlantic version of chili... Hard Times Cafe... oh, now I am hungry! Chili by itself is stew!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Here is the link for Hard Times Cafe, great place to eat... great recipes for chili and a great history of chili!
    http://www.hardtimes.com/menuandrecipes/chili.aspx
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Chili with beans (how else would you eat it?) and without macaroni. When I was little my mom made something similiar to chili with elbow macaroni and it was called Mish Mosh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2009