What should I get to carry my infant in public??

Any product recommendations?! I know lugging around a carseat is going to get old... It might help me lose some weight, but besides that.

What did you use? Any infant slings you would recommend?

I have an infantino front carrier but I don't see a newborn being comfortable or safe in it.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i will send u one if you want..i need uur address!!
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 7:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'm getting a moby wrap for Christmas. :)
    I used a ring sling with my 2nd child.
    Car seat for the first.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3577553#
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• wrapsody baby wrap
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 3:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh that darned moby wrap! My friend put one on me and it took her forever and I felt super trapped in it. Then she tried to sell it to me for 100 dollars. Thanks for that link, my husband will totally laugh at the price!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i LOVE the ERGO Carrier. I had the baby bjorn first but if started hurting my shoulders. The ERGO carrier puts all the baby's weight in your hips. Love it!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• http://www.gypsymama.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=water

Take your baby in the shower!?!?

(wouldn't the baby pee/poo on you?)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS!!! I got a carrier with my first and never used it..i always wanted to carry her..and when we went shopping it was easier to just put her car seat in the buggy then put her in a carrier...and then i got one with my second bc i thought it would make it easier having 2 kids and the same with her!! i now have my 3rd and i use it now..it is easier of course with 3..but i have like 5 of them bc i never got rid of the other ones..lol
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 4:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• well then lily bug, check for recalls and go on and send me one! lol

I will mention this- i'm a LOW income mama, the carriers ya'll have posted so far are pretty spendy!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I made my own sling like the New Native 30 years ago for my first baby and used it with all three of my sons and now I am using it with my grandson. I put in multiple rows of stitches so it can grow as baby grows. I can carry a toddler until they are about 3 on my hip. You can get directions online by going to google and entering sew sling and looking at all the choices. You can find good deals on Craigslist.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I bought a ring sling from a seller on etsy.com. You can search all sorts of sellers and different prices and they are all home-made original pieces. I love mine, it is cute and sturdy. I got it for $29. you can check them out here:

http://www.stitchesandseamsbygwen.vpweb.com/

For some reason the etsy site isn't working on my computer so I can't give you that link, but you should be able to order off of the site I gave you.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009