is it normal to have so many urinary tract infections while your pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. You need to make sure that you are drinking enough water; at least 8 8oz glasses a day. No caffeine, no acidic foods, no alcohol, no spicey foods. Take cranberry capsules. Urinate before and immediately after having sex.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• it's common but not normal
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I had one early in my pregnancy! I thought my constant pee'ing was from my baby being on my bladder, plus I didnt feel any discomfort, but I did have the urge to pee but couldnt, and I started spotting! I went to the ER and the receptionists told me it was a miscarriage. damn receptionists were way off. it was a really bad UTI (hence the bleeding). I got antibiotics and it went away within days! sorry I didnt answer your question lol. I would say UtI's are common, but it isnt good that you are getting them a lot. what is causing them to keep coming back, I'm not sure! I would ask your doctor! do you have a UTI now or are you just curious?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• With my first 2 pregnancies, I had them every time I went in for my appts. I never felt anything, but I still had them. With this last pregnancy, I only had 1 in the beginning. I drank a whole lot water this time, so I think it flushed out my system, cutting down on the bacteria.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• With my first i had one every month with my second i had one about every 6 weeks yes its normal and my dr said its just your body and bladder reacting to the surge of hormones
    hotmamaof297062

Answer by hotmamaof297062 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009