Is it ok to still have sex while your pregnant?

Ever since my boyfriend and i found out i was pregnant we cant keep our hands off eachother. And i was wondering if it was ok that we have sex on a reg basis. Like 1 or 2 times a day. Just looking for info on everything i swear im crazy.

PoisonIvy1369

Asked by PoisonIvy1369 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your SO must LOVE you!!!!!! lol I was like this with my daughter, I couldn't get enough and you'll be fine. With this one... yeah not so much. Lucky you!!! Go get busy and have fun with your man!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 4:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yea its fine in fact its supposed to make birth easier. My doctor said that the time to stop having sex is when it gets uncomfortable to you
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Unless the doctor suggests a medical reason, sex during pregnancy is safe and even recommended in the 3rd trimester to ease the pain and transition into labor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Its fine as long as their is no pain. You have alot of questions wich is great. If you can, go get "What to Expect When Youre Expecting"...it will answer ALL your questions and you'd probably enjoy it alot.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• As long as your pregnacy is healthy and you are not uncomfortable, have fun!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i HATE what to expect when you're expecting. no offense mama champ ;) i know it's just personal taste... it is very popular!

The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger
    Birthing from within
    ina may's guide to childbirth
    Anonymous

• it is ok to have sex during pregnancy, but only if you arent high risk! when you see your ob/gyn for checkups, if any tests or levels appear high or abnormal, dont be shy to ask if it means you cant have sex! SO and I had sex throughout my whole pregnancy. in fact, a few days before 41 weeks, I performed reflexology on my ankles (to induce myself) all day, and later that evening SO and i had sex....my son was born the next day lol
    Anonymous