cyst in armpit

I've discovered what feels like a cyst near my armpit. Has anyone ever had one of these and what causes it? What can I do about it and should I worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Health

• Get it checked by a doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• duah rkoloms....but it could be just a cyst, swollen lymph nodes or a sign of diabetes
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I get them a lot. It could be swollen lumph nodes. Dr said you can get them by shaving and putting on deodarant immediately after. She says it clogs your pores. Do they hurt? Mine kill but go away in a few days
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• A sign of Diabetes...really? I have diabetes...and I've never heard that. Thanks!

It's been here for a few days and is just now starting to hurt a bit...not too bad.

Anonymous

• my mom used to get them in her groin and underarms b4 she was diagnosed with diabetes but they'll be controlled if you keep the area really clean and dry put baby poweder there it may help IF that's what it is from
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• OMG i get these all the time. have had 4 surgically fixed but the others i let go away by them selves. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DIABETES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its called shaving and nicking yourself microscopically and then using an antiperspirant AND deodorant. If you just use a deodorant after shaving or nothing at all you will be ok. if you need more infor please feel free to send me a message. i have 134 years experience in this one
    hotmamaof297062

Answer by hotmamaof297062 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I had a large lump in my armpit once. I was going to get it checked out but noticed before I went to the doctor that it had come to a head. So gross but when I pushed on it, it seemed to be full of deodorant. They can be from a number of things. It is best to get it checked out. Good luck.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i said MIGHT i haven't seen it & i'm not a doctor so idk
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009