Interested or not?

I went out with this guy Sunday that is very attractive and funny. I got the impression though that he is not entirely over his ex wife, and he talked about her some, which was ok because I talked about my ex too, and it wasn't awkward or anything. So anyway, I got the impression he just wasn't that into me, so I chalked it up to a date that was not going to go anywhere. I haven't tried to contact him and he hasn't tried to contact me, but when I talked to his sister in law today she told me that he had called 4 times wanting to know what I thought about him and what all I said about him. I'm so confused now, I mean why would he do that if he isn't interested in me? Does it sound like he's into me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe he's shy, or maybe he's not into you or unsure and wanted your reaction of him.
    If I were you, I'd call him. If he's not into you... so what? You'll waste about 3 minutes on a phone call and move on to find someone who is interested!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 4:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• *OP* Gawd this is why I DREAD getting back out there and dating again.
    Anonymous

• I would say that he is interested but still standoffish about realationships due to his ex
    Anonymous

• I would not call him. I would wait for him to call me. If he is interested, he will. If he's not, he won't. I know I'm old school, but I believe in allowing the man to be the aggressor. Believe it or not, marriages tend to last when the man is the aggressor.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• If you are not interested in him, then it doesn't matter. If you are interested in him, then you should call him and ask him out. Don't be so 7th grade.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• *OP* How am I being 7th grade? I just asked for some opinions because after my divorce I've been kind of afraid of the dating game again and trying not to get hurt. Why do some people have to be so rude? I would never post an answer like that to someone's question, I can't stand being mean for the sake of being mean. I'm 31 years old and this is a legit question.
    Anonymous

• she is lying.
    Anonymous

• You're not being 7th grade. Not everyone is the same so jumping right on the phone might not be the best solution for your problem.

I think he might be uncertain about dating again. He might be just shy since he has been calling his sister in law to ask about you. Maybe he even thought you weren't interested because of something you didn't realize you were doing, you might have been reserved and didn't know it.

The question is are you interested in dating him?
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• *OP* I think I could be interested in him, I'm very attracted to him, and he is so funny, I like a guy who can make me laugh. I guess the only thing I can do is wait and see if he calls again, like I said I just wanted some opinions. Anon....who is lying? The sis in law? Why on earth would she do that, she's my friend and I told her flat out no matter what you tell me the truth, even if it's bad so I don't hang on to false hope and she agreed she would. That was a weird thing to say....
    Anonymous

• for some reason i dont believe your friend eiether.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009