Strep Throat

My friends son has strep throat.. he is starting his meds today. The little boys birthday party is Saturday afternoon. I was reading that WebMD says once the meds are started you are much less contagious within 24 hours. Do you think it's safe to take my baby to the birthday party on Saturday?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 5:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say it would be fine, My 7 month old had it and was around my cousins babies almost everyday and none of them got sick/
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would say it was fine. My daughter had it when she was 6 mths along with an ear infection and she was around people and no one got it.
    Anonymous

• yeah, he should be fine. This kids was more contagious a few days before his first symptoms started then after. I'd be more concered if you child had been around him a few days before his first symptoms started then by saturday. IF he was, keep feeling your sons lymphnodes in the upper neck area for inflamation... if there is any, I wouldn't go to the party and risk getting anyone eles sick.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009