Would you prosecute your teen daughter's older boyfriend? or your son's girlfriend? (as a sexual offender)

Reading the "pediphile or love" question sparked a thought...

If you found out your teen daughter (under 16) was dating and having sex with a man 19 or older (and out of high school), would you prosecute?

What if the roles are reversed and it's your young teen son with a much older woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Hell yea I would. A man 19 and over has no business sleeping with my under 16 year old daughter.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 5:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think there is a lot more to the situation than just their ages, so its hard to know what I would do in the situation.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think it would depend on the situation. If my 14 year old was having sex with a 25 year old, hell yeah. But if my 17 year old was having sex with a 19 year old, not such a big deal. I guess it would also depend on how the girlfriend treated my kid.
    I should also say, that is doesn't matter to me who is the older one, boy or girl.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• If the older personw as obviously exploiting my teen for sexual gratification I would prosecute. Otherwise i would let them make their own decisions. My SIL was 17 when she got together with her 34 year old boyfriend. They are not only still together, but make a great couple.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I agree it would depend on the situation but I would hope we all do not have to deal with that situation! :(
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• your teens should be having sex in the 1st place so yes! especially if your saying they are older,girls think they are so cool if they date some one older and the older guys are looking for fresh fish after they have done evreyone so YES! call
    Anonymous

• No, 16 year olds girls are not innocent little angels. They know exactly what they are doing. I get sick to death of little bitches trying to mess up teen age boys. You have a 16 year old girl and a 18 year old boy who are only 2 years apart, have sex, than the boy goes to jail or is branded a sex offender. WTF happens to the girl, her little tramp ass knew what she was doing and she wanted it just like he did. So no, I think it all depends on the girls age. Now a 14 and 15 year old and a 19 year old is a different story.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I would prosecute - unless my child was drastically less than 16 years old. I think 16 is pretty much the point where I'd say the oldest they could date is 19... and even that is a little too old for 16. But no, I wouldn't want to prosecute.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yup.
    -xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 6:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• no I would not...it takes 2. If he/she forced it then that is different. If they are dating its going to happen and neither one is innocent. Guys are not always the sleezy sneaky ones. These girls no what they are doing maybe not smart enough to figure out what it could do to there future if they get pregnant but we have all been there and 16 year old girls dont think and all guys no matter the age only think with one thing.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009