What do you think of these baby names.....

I'm not even pregnant or even trying to be at least for another year, but for some reason baby names have been on my mind (uh oh!) and I was wondering what you thought of these names. Honestly please! You won't hurt my feelings!

Gentry/Gentrie - girl

Hood - Boy - got this off a t.v. show where the guys last name was Hood and they called him by that.

Furthermore........

Is this way too long ? Gentrie Vivian Ruth Taylor. Taylor is our last name (Vivian and Ruth come from 2 grandmother's names)

Is Vivian Ruth by itself too old fashioned sounding? I don't know if I'd even have the baby go by Vivian...... maybe Ruthie??

Thanks! Just thinking ahead! We really liked Penelope at one time too, but our friends laughed at us...nice huh? So we named our new kitty that! LOL!

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im sorry but none are good,i think gentry is ok but the rest are too trendy
    Anonymous

• If a boy named Hood commits a crime, is that redundant? Gentrie--not for me, sounds pretentious. Like "landed gentry," but misspelled.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i dont like eiether..hood is not a good name.JMO. i see alot of teasing coming form that name. sorry now i like vivian.
    Anonymous

• Id def stay away from Hood and Ruth lol Vivian is cute but there are other cute middle names that go with it. jmo
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Hood, uh, no. TOO many BAD associations. Gentrie, don't care for it. Vivian is lovely, Ruth is traditional and nice.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I love Vivian Ruth.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Vivian Ruth is pretty, but Hood I would stay far away from.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Hood- noooo!
    Gentrie- reminds me of the country duo Montgomery Gentry
    Vivian is nice and Ruth is my MILs name and I like it. Ruthie is a cute name for a little girl, then as she gets older, she can go by Ruth.
    Anonymous

• I agree with most of the posters here - - hood and gentry are not my cup of tea, but Vivian and Ruth are both nice names - either by themselves or together, and either would make a good first name. I think Ruthie for a little girl is adorable - reminds me of the girl from the show 7th Heaven :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The only ones I like are Vivian Ruth. Mostly because they are from grandmothers. There is nothing wrong with old fashioned names. They are much better then some of the ones that people come up with. They try so hard to make an original name, and they just sound stupid and unintelligent.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009