Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my and my boyfriend want to get married on our 5 yr anniversary

aug 30th 2010 idk where to go what to do lol like when you get married do you change your name on your credit cards id ? how do you do that also if we get married that day when do we get a marrage cert the day before ? also we have a kid and i kinda want to go to hawaii but i don`t want to spend alot maybe a cruse to hawaii? or maybe disney land since we have a 2 yr old by that time she will be 3 what do you sugg

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • You need to get a marriage license a while before you get married. You can't get it the day before. Yes, you need to change your name if your going to, on all credit cards and Id's etc. First you need to go to the Social Security office and get your name changed there first. Don't have any suggestions on where to go, that's really up to you and what you guys can afford.


    Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

  • Like PP said you have to get a liscence way before hand. However, you DO NOT have to change credit card info. If you do not want to share the account then you dont have to. As far as honeymoon goes Id do for eachother. I know you love your son but this is for you and you need to enjoy it together

    Answer by Steph319 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

  • oops! I thought you asked if you had to add his name. Yes you have to change your name! lol

    Answer by Steph319 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

  • You don't have to change your name if you don't want to. But really you should. You have to get the marriage licsense before, more than a day before. You go to the court house Once you're married, you take your marriage certifcate to the DMV and Social Sercuirty office to get your name changed at those places first than you go to bank and call you credit companies and all that to have your name change there.

    Hawaii can be expenisve so it's whatever you could afford.

    We had a five year old, left her with my parents and when to the beach by ourselves in Janurary..... We where supposed go on a family trip to Disneywith my parents but that fell though....

    Answer by vampjaded at 7:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

  • whereever you are getting married you have to go to that state or city to get the license usually 30 days have to have the certificate to change your name on your ssc and stuff. Maybe have a nice family ceremony close to home to include your child and then you can leave her with grandparents so you can have some alone time on your honeymoon. Or get married and then take a family would be nice though to take someone else to help with the 5 yr. old so you could get some alone time

    Answer by shay1130 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.