If you could have been anything else what would it have been? (career wise) and what career are you in Now?

I have a bachelors in criminal justice and Im currently getting a Masters in Human Services, but everyday I beat myself up for not following my aspirations of being a doctor or a physician assistant. Ive always a passion of medical and health things, and can retain loads of medical information. Criminal justice is something that was easy to me, because my father was a cop and I loved the law, but know I realize that I love medicine more than the law. I think its too late to start over, that would take yearsssss and some serious debt on top of the debt im already in. Im reminded of the bad decision everyday when Im looking for a job and all I see is medical job openings. Very painful reality.

kiyad22

Asked by kiyad22 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I went to school for criminal justice too. I loved it and stopped when I had dd. I would love to be in forensics or a detective!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I went for Interior Design, already had the skills before I went to school for it, but here where I live most Designer's hire family and friends and there are tons of colleges that offer Interior Design so it's pretty hard to find a job. I always wanted to be an Elementary School Teacher.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I actually love what I'm doing now. I'm a musician and thats my passion I'm also a Pure Romance Consultant and I love it. I get to spend as much time with my son as I want to and I get to have so much fun while I work. I love it!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 5:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• In college I started out in elementary education, then bounced to secondary math, and finally finished up with an accounting degree. I'm glad I found my place in accounting; I think it suits me.
    Anonymous

• I really wish I could be a social worker .... and/or CPS worker. I am legally blind although my vision isn't TOO terrible to function ... I cannot drive and haven't driven in over 9 years! U have to drive in those professions to goto court dates, drive kids to visitations, etc etc

I've dappled in a few things as an adult. I did some wedding photography and studio photography and some paralegal work. They were OK. I am happy home w/ my babies now though :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'm a SAHM now - I am going to go to school for Journalism or something else in that field - I just don't know what. I wish I could do it all. And I wish I would have went back to school sooner.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am a Nurse, Wife, Mother and grandmother. Those are the only things I ever wanted to be.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I wanted to be an artist, now I'm in pharmasueticals. Way off the dream :)
    Anonymous

• I have a masters in social work, but I wish I had pursued pharmacy.
    Mom2TO

Answer by Mom2TO at 6:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I wish I would have been a teacher. I run a daycare now, so it is still along the same lines, but I would LOVE to be done by 3:00, and have the whole summer, as well as 2 weeks at christmas and a week in the spring off with my kids. I wish I could have the same schedules they do!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009