Hip Pains, any relief?

I am 37 weeks, I am having the worst hip pains ever!! They literally last 24/7 and when I get a contraction it's in my back at the top of my hips. I have yet to find something to help relieve this or at least calm it down a little bit. I am so tired of hurting! And it only gets worse when I go to work, where I have to stand/walk around for 6 hours or more. The only thing that's been helping is my exercise ball, I feel like I never get off of it! Any help?!

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One thing my doula has said is to do hip squeezes. (you can google how to do them)

I'm 33 weeks, and I am having horrible hip problems right now. I wish I could help more, but I am still looking into relief!!

Good luck!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 6:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The only thing that's going to relieve that pain is delivery. The good news is, the pain is almost completely gone as soon as the baby is out. It doesn't take long for your pelvis to realign itself. I know how bad it hurts. I'm in my 3rd trimester of my 3rd pregnancy. Getting out of bed can be extremely painful.. hang in there. You're at the home stretch.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• heating pad
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009