Is it weird..

that I just can't seem to imagine actually HAVING this baby and her being here? I'm really excited, but I just feel like it's not going to happen or something. Kind of hard to explain...it just feels kind of surreal, I guess. And I feel like I don't want to get my hopes up about her arrival, just in case something bad happens. Am I being ridiculous?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 6:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt the exact same way!! When she gets here youll have a nice reality check! LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Nope, it happens with all first time moms. You won't be able to imagine life with her, and when you have her you aren't going to remember how it was before her. But you gotta love'em!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Not being ridiculous. Its normal to feel like that. She will be here before you know it, and she will be the most important thing in your life.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yep - fefe is right. You cant imagine life w/her now but as soon as you look into her eyes you wont be able to imagine life w/out her. Mother love is a powerful thing. Just wait... you'll see.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• COMPLETELY normal. I was the same way with my son, who is now almost 3 years old. I almost thought that I was gonna be pregnant forever or that I was just imagining that I was pregnant (even when I had a huge belly) Weird, I know. I'm on my second pregnancy now and I still don't believe it at times! Congratulations on the baby!!
    MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Answer by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• no your not feeling rediculous, I'd probably be feeling the same way. I sure hope if you are, that all goes well for you!
    Julie800

Answer by Julie800 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009