Quant Blood Test

Hi, I had a miscarriage back in April and today I took a HPT and got a BFP, a DARK BFP. So, I would be around 4wks pregnant. I went and got my blood drawn today for a quant blood test, and I will get the results tomorrow morning. I have to go back Friday for another quant blood test so, they can compare numbers. I guess, what my question is...what should my level be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think, if you read the box on the HPT, it says that color doesn't matter. A dark second line, or a light second line, you're still pregnant and doesn't indicate how far, or multiples, etc. Your doc will tell you if the levels are normal, really the number won't mean much to you unless it's very low, very high, or suddenly drops (which all indicate very early pregnancy or miscarriage/stillbirth, or multiples). Frankly, women aren't supposed to have any HGC in their blood at all, unless they're pregnant, though some women with medical conditions do show a very VERY low amt. So as long as there's a significat amount, it doesn't matter the number at this point, b/c like everything else, it's a range depending on your gestation.
    elk571

Answer by elk571 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh I know that the color doesn't really matter, I just said that because with my last pregnancy(the one i miscarried) it was VERY faint, and never got dark and then i started to bleed. So, I was just happy that it was dark. Although, I know that it doesn't really matter. I guess its just a way to make me feel better? lol
    Anonymous

• This is what I found:
    Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:
    hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml

My own blood test was 111 at 12 dpo. There really can be a lot of variation, but the main thing is that it should double in 48 hours. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I had a misscarriage also along time ago and am very sorry for the pain you go thru. I pray that if you are pregnant this time all goes well. Just see your OB dr. so you dont have to guess at these gadgets is all I can say.
    Julie800

Answer by Julie800 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• THIS IS THE OP- I got my lab test back and my level was 58. The nurse I talked to said that she was happy with that number, and that its a good number for 2 weeks post fertilization. I go back tomorrow to get more blood drawn and then I'll know the results from that on Monday. Please pray that my number doubles, and that everything goes ok!!!
    Anonymous

• Good luck, OP. <3
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009