what is something you did when your kids were little but don't now?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Volunteer work.
    Now that they are grown it isn't as much fun to volunteer in the schools anymore.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I used to have an organized cleaning schedule which included bleaching toys, replacing toothbrushes after every sneeze, never wanting anything in the hamper so washing clothes the minute they came off, and baby proofing so hardcore I actually pissed my pants (yes, literally) it took me so long to get in the bathroom and open the toilet.

Now.... I clean the clothes, rooms, and dishes that smell the worst first. I bought MORE hampers and opened a special hall closet to hide them in ... and my kids bring us nails, screws, pennies and other things they find instead of waiting for me to vacuum them up

Grrrr what happened
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'll get back to you when they grow up
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You mean do for them or do with them? I don't do alot of things for them that I used to do because they do them theirselves now... most of the things I do for them now I do because I want to (like make their breakfast, do their laundry etc.) but I make sure they know how and do it sometimes so they are capable. What I really miss though is playing w/them. Sure, we still do things together and have our special times and activities but I mean like the imaginary play and that kind of stuff. I loved that.... ahh... memories! Liked your question. I recognize your avatar, I think I messaged you before or picked your answer as best once or something. Haven't seen you on here in a while (am I right)? Love the puppy pic! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Talk on the phone! lol She only wants my full attention when Im having a convo on the phone! I also slept in was dd was a baby. Now that she sleeps in I get up at 520-6am! I love that time to myself!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I used to swing with them on the swings....but now my butts too big!!!!
    Anonymous

• I used to clean much more. I'd wash the floors 3-4 times a week. I also used to scrapbook. I haven't in a long time. My daughter likes to look at them, but feels bad because she isn't in any of them. I need to do some with her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Our oldest is 13 and I miss holding him, getting hugs, he's taller than me now and just wants to see if he's strong enough to pick me up. That's the only time he comes near me. I guess that comes with age. With our 6 and 7 yr olds I miss holding them in my arms and nursing them. I'm so glad I had that time with all of them. I'm also very grateful that I have been able to see every milestone, and not miss anything. Most days I'm glad their the ages they are.. It's so much easier now.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I started a journal when I found out I was pg with both my girls telling things about the pregnancy, my life and the world in hopes of giving it to them when they marry. I have one for each of them that I wrote in weekly. I wrote about how I was feeling about being pg and about drs appointments. I even wrote about 9/11 to document it so they would know what happened because they were so young. I haven't written in them in a few years. I know where they are and I need to continue before they get to old. Wow I totally forgot about them.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• When my daughter was small, she actually listened to me! My son used to eat everything we put in front of him. Now that my daughter is grown, the listening is gone, and my son was diagnosed with autism at 3 years old, and has a very limited diet. I wish I could get my little ones back! :0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2009