Have you ever had ankle surgery?

Hey ladies, I go in tomorrow morning for surgery. I am just a little worried about it. Hoping that some of you can encourage me. Thanks so much!
Ashley

sagesmom724

Asked by sagesmom724 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Health

• I was in a car wreck in 08. I broke my foot in 3 places....two places on the top and my ankle. I had to have two screws put in my ankle. The surgery was done as an outpatient procedure and I was home a few hours later. I was put in a post surgery bandage for 10 days. Then I went in for my post surgery appt and got a new cast put on. After finally getting the final cast off I had to go thru physical therapy for 4 weeks. I'm not sure what kind of info you are needing but you can PM me and I will try to help you all I can.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 6:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I just had surgery on my ankle in Aug. I broke it in July, had 2 screws put in the joint, and a metal suture thru the bones to hold them together. I broke the ankle in 2 places. It will hurt when it's over, but for me it went away within a few days. You'll be fine. It's scary, I was terrified, but you'll come thru it just fine. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Being in bed is SO BORING! Have a plan for the fam to keep them busy and out of your way. Make time to read, get paper work done, etc. It's all in your head!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009