gerber puffs

my DD is six months old and she seems pretty interested in food.but im just not too sure about these things.of course i know that fresh fruits and veggies would be a better path,but i was just trying to get her involved with eating because she seems really interested but she wants to feed herself which she cant really do with a spoon and mushed up peas. any comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 9 months old and eats the puffs with no problem even though she doesn't have any teeth yet. I would give them a try
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Mush up cooked veggies make them real soft, and potatoes are good at that age. I wouldn't do anything more till she got some teeth, even the puffs.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• puffs are junk food. Give her soft small pieces of carrots and whatnot.
    Anonymous

• I would start spoon feeding her mashed stuff, untill she gets abetter understanding of how to work her mouth, you know?
    Im not a fan of the puffs...my daughter could eat mum mums at that age. They are just rice crackers basically.
    Now at almost 8 months she can eat toast, and pretty much any soft veggie or fruit. I give her whatever Im eating
    oh and she has no teeth!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i gave my daughter those and she was about that age and she started choking on one, i would say start with softer foods.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 7:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My son is 11 months and went to table food at 8, way before he had any teeth. The Gerber puffs we tried at around 8 months and he likes them, but they aren't much easier for him than blueberries or pieces of really soft cooked carrot or potato. Also, pieces of banana are a good food for them, or chunks of avocado.
    When my 2nd son was little I used to get Organic Puffed Corn, which was just puffed corn without any additives. I didn't like the flavor (bland!), but he loved them!

Answer by missanc at 7:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my son did good with puffs but never give a baby those gerber cookies! he was once gumming on a cookie and it got all soft and clogged the back of his throat, i had to use my finger to sweep it out
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2009