What signs let me know when teeth are cutting through?

DD is 8 months. still no teeth. she seems a little on the cranky side then usual. and drooling excessively. i know shes teething but what signs would she give me to let me know that teeth are cutting through?.

She also chews alot. just on nothing. just chomps her little gums together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will see the beginnings of little bumps, and they will go away as the gums swell and then come back again. Her gums will be really "soft" from time to time, and a little puffy before the teeth break through. Watch for the lower ones to come in first, although not always!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• yes, there will be bumps where the teeth are coming in, and when my boys were teething they would always get a little bit of the runs and sometimes upset tummy right before the teeth actually broke through.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sometimes my daughter gets a tiny hole where the tooth is coming. It's kind of hard to see because she wont always let me get in there to look. Sometimes you can see the tooth right under the gums. The color of the gums is just a little bit different. Lots of drool comes along with the teething too. An easy way to get the oral gel in your baby's mouth is to put it on a teething ring and guide it in her mouth. My daughter would never let me just put it on her gums. Oh yeah another possible effect from the teething is horrible diaper rashes. Sometimes, but not always, my daughter would get the worst diaper rash ever. It would scare me into thinking something may be really wrong but her doc said its from all the acids her body produces during teething
    lilcarly

Answer by lilcarly at 2:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• my son would always run a fever when he was cutting a tooth and lots of drooling
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2009