Does anyone have any ideas for my daughter's 7th birthday party?

She is in 2nd grade and is a little shy. Last year we did a makeover/spa party, so we didn't want to repeat that. Of course, the less expensive the better!

Astrid99

Asked by Astrid99 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I always let my kids pick out a friend or two (sometimes 3, depending) and do whatever activity they choose....movie, roller skating, bowling, swimming, etc...with just a small group. They really only have a handful of close friends anyway, and I don't want to shell out the expense of inviting the whole class! Afterwards, we either come back home for cake, ice cream, and a sleepover -- or we go out to eat somewhere fun and stop for ice cream!
    We have done this for years, and my older teens look forward to coming up with something fun and unusal. (They are allowed approx $10 per person.) This year, my almost-17yo found cheap basketball tickets, so they will be heading there for his bday.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I don't know about your area, however, the area that I am in, the children's museum only costs 120 dollars to book for the entire day. You could do something like that. However, christyg had a good idea, too! I LIKE THAT A LOT!
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 7:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• For my daughter's 7th birthday we did a skating party at the local skating rink. This year for her 8th she had a sleepover and the girls all decorated cupcakes with different icings, sprinkles, etc. and watched movies (Hotel for Dogs and Aliens vs Monsters)

Answer by missanc at 7:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my dd had a sleepover last year and wants to do it again this year. I like the idea of taking just a few girls out and ten coming back for a sleepover..or just taking them home is ok too. When is her bday? My dds is Jan4th so we had the sleepover on New Years eve. The parents loved that the kids had a place to stay.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• at dds sleepover i got a pkg of fabric markers and a pillow case for all the girls about $2.50 each at walmart. They drew all over them adn signed eachothers. This was their "goody bag" and i put them over their other pillow case and they slept on them that night. (be sure to slide cardboard inbetween so it doesnt bleed thru.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We did a Build a Bear party last year. It was a lot of fun and easy for me! The kids loved it. I served cupcakes after in the mall's food court, but I really could have skipped that part. It cost around $16 per kid.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009