She WAS sleeping through the night...now she's not! HELP!

I was so happy when my little girl started sleeping through the night at only 3 1/2 weeks. Recently, she got a cold and started waking up in the middle of the night for a bottle. Now she's better but STILL wake up!! Am I paying for being so lucky in the beginning?? How do I break her of this habit? We rent a room out of a friends house so all three of us share the entire up staries which is one room. Please help...I miss my sleep!!

CrystalJanie

Asked by CrystalJanie at 7:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately, even without a cold, sleeping through is a temporary condition in year one. This will pass too. But your sleep? Heh heh heh....

Answer by gdiamante at 7:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Ahh the 'normal' baby. You were one lucky mom to have a baby sleep through the night so young but as you will see the sleep patterns will be ever changing for awhile.  At 3 months baby is entering another growth spurt and the feedings throughout the night are necessary. Welcome to motherhood, you will get to enjoy your sleep in another 18 yrs or so.  : )

Anonymous

• my son turns 2 in 2 weeks and still wakes up at night depending on if he's sick, teething, gas, over tired, over stimulated, just not tired, wants to play, wants Nummies when going through growth spurts.. good luck mommy... I miss my sleep SO Much I can't even begin to tell you!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009