3 yr old poops on toilet but does not pee

He's been pooping on the toilet pretty consistently for a few months now...I have had to use rewards to get him to do that, but peeing he doesn't seem to want to do it. I have tried to use chocolate as a reward but he seems to know better when he has to poop. He seems to pee an awful lot and sometimes at night....One time he had to pee right after he peed in the toilet for once.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does he use the big potty or a training one?
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 8:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Are you using pull ups, or big boy underwear? I ask, because when I PTed DS1, we went straight to the underwear, and did not give him a chance to have pull ups again, not even at bed time. It may take a few days, but after being wet in the underpants, the usually get it. They don't like the way it feels, because it is not absorbed by anything. You already have the hard part done, the peeing is the easier of the two. Try putting some cheerios or something in the potty, to give him something to aim at. You can also add a little bit of food coloring to the water, so that when he goes it will change the color. Just a few ideas, hope they work out for you, and good luck.
    mommyof2lilmen

Answer by mommyof2lilmen at 9:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Gah, mine is the opposite! He'll pee fine on the potty and wikll try to force pee out just to get a sticker but wont poop on the potty. Even when we tell him he gets TWO stickers for a poop. Lol.

Boys...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• mine does the same thing (almost 3)
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• for those of you whose lil one won't poop in the potty, I will give you something to try...I did this with my DS1, and it may sound mean, but it worked. I may have done this, mainly because I was pregnant with my lil DD at the time too though. When he would poop in his pants, I would put him in the shower, with cold water and make him take off his undies and clean himself up. I only had to do this a few times, and he got the idea that he better go poop on the potty or he has to clean it. Someone had told me to take him outside and hose him down when he did that, but he enjoyed that way too much! LOL, Just something to try, if you choose too!
    mommyof2lilmen

Answer by mommyof2lilmen at 9:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• if dad is around maybe he sees dad standing up to pee and he wants to do the same
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• hummm my son learned to pee first , he did not get the whole pooping part till a month later.. i got my son a seat cover thing of cars... maybe get one of those they have diff ones... cars,,thomas the train, dora, diego and i think micky maybe if you use that it may help.. i got it in the first place because my son would not sit he was terrafied
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2009