Does my husband treat me unfairly or is my treatment deserved

he doesnt let me drive his car so me and the kids are stuck at home all the time, he goes to work, comes home when he wants sometimes 4 or 5 hours after he gets off work. He never gives me any money doesnt buy me anything except for my tampons and food and he pays the rent. When he buy shampoo its the kind he wants usually the especially for men stuff. He says I dont know how to shop so I dont get to do that, I dont even know when he gets paid or how much he makes because its his money and is no concern of mine he says. He tells me he has no money but then when I go get a ciggerette out of his truck ( on the rare occasion Im allowed to get in it cause he says Ill steal his change) I see new cds new speakers new stereo. Now before you judge let me tell you the reason he treats me this way. I dont think its justified but Ill let you be the jugde. About 4 years ago I had an affair. Because he always was telling me negitive thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• about me never said anything nice to me or about me. I found someone who for a short time was nice and took me places and so thats why I did what I did.
    Anonymous

• You should've left him back than. His behavior is abusive towards you
    Anonymous

• He's not a keeper. I would go to school online and try to get yourself together so you can move on. Or prove to him you dont need him and he will respect you more.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It sounds unfair to me, sounds alot like a father teaching/ restraining his teenage daughter. He is still punishing you for the affair.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The fact that you had an affair does NOT make it okay for him to be abusive! Emotional abuse is still abuse.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Ok so you had an affair but he must have gotten past it to stay in the relationship. You made a mistake but this is abuse & you don't deserve it.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Why are you with this guy? You are not a child. That is how he is treating you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I almost never put "I would never" but in this case I am confident that I would NEVER NEVER NEVER let anybody treat me like that. This is not an equal relationship. Even if you had an affair you don't deserve to be treated like this. I also very rarely say this, but if what you say is true LEAVE, GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION! (I dont even know what to call it because it is no relationship)
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i can relate.it sucks to be treated like a child huuh?i thought when i got marriedidget a husband not another father:(ugh i guess our only choice is to move on,
    Anonymous

• So you cheated on him because he was abusing you in the first place. Now he is abusing you and punishing you more. Move on and find another guy that will treat you right.
    vampjaded

Answer by vampjaded at 7:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009