Why do people think only the people who need to work should be allowed to?

This is a free country and if you are qualified for a job you should be able to work for what ever reason you want. I have seen posts about how teenagers shouldn't be allowed to work or people shouldn't work just for fun money. So everyone should be miserable, no one should come out ahead just bc some people don't have jobs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never heard this one before. I admit I work for the extra money to have to spend on fun & my kids. Some say if you can stay at home to raise your kids but if your job makes you happy & completes you then why not? Everyone has an opinion
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• it isn't going to be a perfect matched society in these united states. Until we all become Amish or Quakers or plain people will we deem life complete and content. We see life as never enough , the Amish and Quakers etc. see life as completely truly fulfilling and are thankful,...........WE have too many gadgets, too much loitering, and way too many freedoms of non-necessities. If we all had jobs here in the outside of Amish we'd be perfect according to our greed. If we were all Amish minded.....well.........need I say more !???
    Anonymous

• Anyone who can get a job, and wants one, should take it, whether for need or "fun" money. Some people maybe need to work for sanity reasons, and not just money. Then there are those of us who can work, are qualified, but but cannot find a job for whatever reason. Sigh.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I personally don't work because I don't need to and I am not going to take an income away from someone who actually needs it.
    Anonymous

• This is too unclear. Working or , better, having a career is a personal choice and we don't need to pick on people. I am just glad I am retired and don't have to put up with the picky,high maintenace co-workers who judge everyone.
    Anonymous

• The only people who come out ahead are those that either own companies and thrive in any economy or like the other answer the amish because they are content. Jobs don't make the person, the person is still subject to all the rules, and has to take raises as they are offered, it doesn't mean we write our own paychecks, even employers need to keep track of their spending and they aren't completely happy, so it is a greed world which as long as money is in our system or any money system for that matter, we will see some work and some not need to , depending on how greedy people are going to extend themselves, it's not to put down the greed but even if you eat lobster every day it isn't fun anymore .
    Anonymous

• ANON 741- you apparently dont know that many Amish ppl! My mother was born Amish- left when she was little. I still have a lot of family that are Amish. Many Amish people have jobs outside of the home/farm. They take vacation trips to the beach, Disney, Hollywood, Alaska, etc. So yes, they do work so they can have 'play money'.
    Anonymous