Is there any religion that allows for someone to be "pro choice"?

What I mean is...Is there any religion that isn't 100% against abortion?

I'm just curious because I know people that are religous that are pro-choice even though it's against their religion and I know other people that are 100% against abortion because of their religous beliefs.

So are their any relgions that aren't against abortion? Or is our world just ful of a bunch of hypocrits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Islam is not 100% against abortion. It allows for abortions when keeping the infant is a health hazard to the mother. I'm not sure what the abortion stance is on those who have been raped...perhaps a sister who knows may the answer to that.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The Quran does forbid killing of what is in the womb for fear of poverty. God will provide for the baby and the mother.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• a relgion cant tell u what ur not allowed to do and allowed to do ...
    Anonymous

• http://www.efc.org.uk/Foryoungpeople/Factsaboutabortion/Religion

This website will tell you which religions accept abortion in some circumstances.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• good question
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 7:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• As far as Ive ever seen many Pagan relgions would fall into that category.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Most Protestant churches are more forgiving and less dogmatic and dictatorial . They allow people to make their own decisions based ontheir own conscience. I suppose Catholic is 100% against abortions.
    Anonymous

• Anon 7:38 wrote: a relgion cant tell u what ur not allowed to do and allowed to do ...

Sure they can. It's your choice to listen or not, but yes, they certainly can tell you what is moral and what is not. Even if something is legal, like abortion, it may not be moral, i.e. pleasing to God. Abortion breaks the 5th commandment: You shall not kill.
    Anonymous

• Anon 7:57 wrote: Most Protestant churches are more forgiving and less dogmatic and dictatorial . They allow people to make their own decisions based ontheir own conscience. I suppose Catholic is 100% against abortions.

One's conscience, however, should be informed by God's Law. You shall not kill.
    Anonymous

• I am Catholic and very much against abortion, having said that, I know many practicing Catholics who not only have had abortions but support abortions.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009